3rd Annual Indian Comics Convention will be flagged-off by honoring and felicitating the best Indian Comics and Comics Creators of 2012 with 2nd Annual Comic Con India Awards. Comic Con India Awards 2013 ceremony will be be held in the Capital at India Habitat Centre(IHC) on February 7, 2013.
The 3rd Annual Indian Comics Convention is to be held at Dilli Haat from February 8 - 10, 2013. Comic Con India established in 2011 is country’s only platform which gives boost to the comics and related industries in India.
Comic Con India Awards is an initiative of Comic Con India. CCI Awards aim to recognize the work of all the professionals of India's Comics Industry. It’s an attempt to bring into focus the novelty of this art form and acknowledge the efforts of numerous writers, artists & publishers in this field.
Jatin Varma, Founder, Comic Con India, says, “CCI Awards aim to recognize the work that the professionals in India's Comics Industry do. This is where we honor and felicitate the best Indian Comics and Comics Creators, and give them the recognition they deserve, among their peers.”
Jatin added, “For the awards we are accepting nominations now and am sure jury will have a tough time deciding. Other than the competitive categories we have a special LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD given by Comic Con India. Last year at the 1st CCI Awards, it was given to Mr. R.K.Laxman and this year we will be giving the award to the iconic Indian Cartoonist, Padma Vibhushan Mario Miranda who is no more with us for his exemplary contribution to the industry.”
The jury consists of Mr. Neelabh Banerjee ( Author & Artist), Mr. Vaibhav Kumaresh ( Artist Animator), and Mr. Abhishek Sharma (Writer & Filmmaker). The jury will go through the entries submitted and eventually shortlist them.
NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- BEST GRAPHIC NOVEL/COMIC BOOK OF THE YEAR - (For Comic Book Series Only One Issue Is Eligible To Enter)
- BEST PENCILLER/ INKER/ PENCILLER-INKER TEAM
- BEST COLORIST
- BEST COVER (Includes illustrated published covers of publications of any genre)
- BEST WRITER - (Includes Adaptations)
- BEST CONTINUING GRAPHIC SERIES (Minimum 2 issues of the series should have been published during the year)
- BEST GRAPHIC ANTHOLOGY
- BEST CHILDREN’S ILLUSTRATED BOOK (Ages 13 & below)
- BEST CHILDREN’S ILLUSTRATED BOOK (Ages 13 & above)
- BEST PUBLICATION FOR CHILDREN
- BEST WEB ONLY/ DIGITAL ONLY COMIC
- BEST CHILDREN’S WRITER (Ages 13 & below)
- THE COMIC CON INDIA GRANT FOR BEST UNPUBLISHED WORK - ELIGIBLE FOR ARTISTS AND ARTIST-WRITER TEAMS. WINNER(S) RECEIVES A Rs. 75,000 GRANT TOWARDS COMPLETION OF THE PROJECT AND A PUBLISHING DEAL WITH COMIC CON INDIA.
Entries should be sent to Comic Con India Office. The deadline for receiving the submission is JANUARY 1ST, 2013.