With the enormous response Comic Con India is receiving across cities, it is all set to entice audience in Hyderabad this year.This will be the third express tour but first for Hyderabad. The earlier two express versions in Mumbai (2011) and Bangalore (2012) have been converted into annual events, as the response has been remarkable.
The express version was started with the aim of taking the comics convention to cities throughout India to support and boost the comics industry.
Let us know if you plan any story around this, you can use it for the listings also.
First ever Comic Con Express Hyderabad
Organised by Comic Con India
Spread over the weekend of September 21-22’ 2013 (Saturday & Sunday)
Takes place at HITEX Exhibition Center, Hyderabad.
A Gala Festival for Comics Lovers
Kids and Adults can come dressed as their favorite comic character
Each day, one winner will be chosen from each of five categories:
1. Comic book/graphic novel
MTV VJ Jose will be there hosting the cosplay parade
Both days, One lucky winner out of the chosen 5 will get the awesome chance to
WIN a GOLDEN TICKET to GOA!!
# Special Sessions and Panels with various Indian & International Artists:
*Special session with Rajiv Chilakapudi, creator of Chotta Bheem and a resident Hyderabad!
* Special session on The Magical Evolution of Tinkle Studios by ACK, followed by a fun quiz.
* Session on Indie Publishers - Discussing its gradual rise in India.
*Special Session with the Creators of The Hyderabad Graphic Novel Jasram Grewal and Jai Undurti, will take you on a journey to the mythical past.
* Special sessions on each day for budding artists by Harsho Mohan Chattoraj (Artist on HGN as well as well ACK's latest, Dhyan Chand), both sessions will revolve around different aspects of making comics. A must attend for all budding artists but open to all as well.
* Special Session with Campfire Publishing on the adaption of Jane Austen’s Graphic Novel - Pride & Prejudice.
* Exclusive session with Westland & Level 10 Entertainment.
* Catch the exclusive session by Tinkle Comics.
* ACK Mega Quiz! - Take part in Mega Amar Chitra Katha Quiz & win loads of goodies.
* Special session on Gaming by EA Entertainment.
#Meet and Greet:
* Kids favourite cartoon characters from TINKLE & Chhota bheem!!!
# Exclusive Book launches to look at:
*Satya Police by Pop Culture Publishing
*Devi by Westland Publishing
*Parshu by Orange Radius Publishing
* 18 Days by Westland Publishing
*Hanni by Orange Radius Publishing
* Ramayan Vol.1 by Westland Publishing
*Local Monsters by Westland Publishing
*Ravanayan Finale by Holy Cow Entertainment
*VRICA - The Wolf and the Nation by Chariot Comics
*ODAYAN by Level 10 Entertainment in partnership with Pop Culture Publishing
# The convention includes a book fair featuring the biggest comics/graphic publishers in India and Abroad
* Look out for Amar Chitra Katha, Campfire Graphic Novels, Scholastic India, DC Comics by Random House, HarperCollins India, Pop Culture Publishing, Holy Cow Entertainment, Mario Miranda Gallery, Level 10 Studios and Green Gold Animation - Chotta Bheem Comics.
# Workshops/Interactions with creators & artists:
* Create your own Superhero! And see him or her brought to life by Hyderabad Graphic Novel’s lead Artist Harsho Mohan Chattoraj.
* Meet the creators of “Satya Police” - The winners of the first Comic Con India grant!
* Hyderabad's creativity on display with various local artists showcasing their work and products.
# Look Out For the cool Merchandise:
* Special Swag Bags for 5000 lucky fans by Myntra! To be given out on both days!
* For the first time ever Amar Chitra Katha will be bringing out merchandise around its popular comics and characters, launching exclusively at Hyderabad.
* Catch The Diamond Select Toys Booth at the convention, for exclusive International merchandise.
* Grab your choice of customized action figures by ArtronMedia.
* Check out Comic Con India’s Exclusive Merchandise.
*There will be lots more to pick from a variety of other Merchandisers as well - Toys, Posters, Mugs, T-shirts, Wallets, Superhero USB Drives!!
September 21-22’ 2013 (Saturday and Sunday)
10.30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
HITEX Exhibition Center, Hyderabad
Comic Con India
Comic Con India is a unique event celebrating the illustrated medium, which brings together the whole comics industry and related fields such as Merchandise, Toys, Games, Films and Animation, along with fans of this culture from all age groups.
1. At the 1st Comic Con India in Feb’11, the turnout was approx. 20000 and Sales touched
25 Lakhs in 2 days.
2. At the Comic Con Express Mumbai, the travelling version of Annual Indian Comics Convention that took place in October '11, the turnout was approx 12000 and Sales touched
30 Lakhs in 2 days.
3. AT the 2nd Comic Con India that took place in Feb’12, the response was amazing, footfall touched 35 thousand and sales touched 50 lakhs in 3 days.
4. Last year the traveling version of Comic Con India went to a new city - the Technology capital of India – Bangalore in Sept ‘12, the turnout was approx 35000 and the sales crossed over 65 Lakhs in 2 days.
5. At the 1st ever “Mumbai Film and Comic Con” that took place last year in Mumbai in Oct‘12, the turnout was approx 26000 and the sales crossed over 45 Lakhs in 2 days.
6. AT the 3rd Comic Con India that took place in Feb’13, the response was tremendous, footfall touched 50 thousand and sales touched crore in 3 days.
7. At the 1st ever annual “Bangalore Comic Con” that took place in Bangalore in June’ 13, the turnout was approx 62000 and the sales touched 1 crore 25 Lakhs in 2 days.
Attached below is Comic Con Express Hyderabad Poster and the final schedule for CCEH.
PS – For any Query or interaction with Jatin Varma, Founder, Comic Con India, pls feel free to call or mail:
Manleen Kaur Mahajan
Assistant PR Manager